Friday, October 2, 2009

AJ, Jen and the Wild West

Here are a few pictures of Andrea and I up at Ensign Ranch Labor Day weekend. The only pictures I took were 15 minutes after we got there, about 5pm. Andrea signed us up for Horseback riding first thing, thank goodness. It rained, no dumped from the heavens that night and the rest of the time. Good call Andrea. They wouldn't let us take pictures on the horses, just as well, we had to wear helmets! I could never show my face at -H- Ranch again. But the trail was beautiful, with streams and hills in the forest. I got talking to the gentleman who owned the horses (can't remember his name, sorry) and he knew where Soda Springs was and used to coach basketball in Preston years ago. Small world! I told him about my expertise (!?) with horses so he gave me the lead horse that had an attitude and I was behind him. Thank You McGee! I had to be a little stern with him (don't laugh!) but thanks to McGee I knew I really just had to have confidence, no fear here. I wanted Andrea to be with me, but she was about 5 horse behind, we still waved, but they wouldn't let us take cameras so these are all before and after the ride. It was just great to be with her and share the experience. Also, I just had to show off my shirt I bought at the D.I. in Preston. It was a whole $1 and bedazeled with Wild Bill's Rodeo all over it. Very fitting I thought.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Great pictures! Looks like you captured the best part of the weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Yahoo! Great pictures, and good news. Thank you - wish everyone were as ready to contribute. We think you had a very good time, and must have enjoyed the world together.

jennywren said...

Yes, Julie that was the best part I think. I know Dad heard about Smokey the Bear's evil twin and his side kick Boo Boo, with their 5 gal. bucket of "no peacefulness for sweet girls." He couldn't take this time away from us.