Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sawtooth Star for Denton and Taylor

The quilter very kindly sent me pictures of the quilt I've made for Denton and Taylor's wedding at the end of this month. I took it to Sue yesterday, and it's finished this morning. That means that if I get the quilt on Monday, I'll be able to get it bound in time for the wedding. I'm not too worried about Denton's seeing it on the blog before the day, because he's probably way too engrossed (twitterpated?) to think of looking on this blog. Denton told me that his bride-to-be liked pink and red, so I went with the pinks - Sister Louise sent me her book on construction of the quilt, and I began - only to be constantly interrupted by other responsibilities and a couple of cataract surgeries. The quilt was supposed to be simple, but didn't end out that way. Good experience? Always a joy when a quilt is finished, especially in time for a special event. Now, on to the big celebration in Boise later this month.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I never cease to be amazed at your work! The quilt is beautiful and I am sure it will be treasured by the newly-weds-to-be.

I like the small detail pictures as well, since they tell the story of the smaller units of the quilt.

Feel good about this one!

Ann said...

What a beauty! You do such good work, even under stress. I am sure the newly-weds will be thrilled. Your quilter did a beautiful job in complementing your hard work - and so quickly.