Saturday, August 8, 2009

What's in the Sky? Or Not?

Do you ever feel totally frustrated with your camera? I have been fiddling with mine, instruction manual in hand, but occasionally, I wing it, and come up with some unusual pictures. This morning, the clouds lay very low against the ground, mostly obscuring the Bear River Range - it was quite a picture. But...my fiddling produced the multiple picture above (unintentionally). Now, I have to find out what setting I used, and go from there. The picture below is one that I cropped from the one up above. You can see the apple orchard just below the clouds. These clouds followed a pretty heavy rain this morning - the first we've had in weeks.
This was the sky we saw on Thursday in late afternoon. Actually, the sky looked pretty much like this all day. There were very strong winds, first coming from the south, then swinging around to the north, and later back again from the south west. There fires over the mountains near Tremonton, farther south in Tooele county, and the biggie by the Salt Lake airport. It sure turned our sky ugly - don't know how we would react if we had to have this color of sky every day in place of our blue.

2 comments:

jennywren said...

I know you will figure your camera out, you never stop at anything until it's DONE. I kinda like the 1st pic, but then seeing the 2nd I understand, it's beautiful. Then the 3rd...very unusual... I'm sure some would see whatever they wanted (Madonna in a potato chip or the Pope in a pizza)or needed to see. I just think it's lovely. Thank you! You have given me more screen savers...

Judy said...

The clouds fell out of the sky!!! How nice that you caught them in the act. Another kind of beauty.