Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby Steps to Storybook Farms quilt

This was the first block assembled. And this the fourth. (These are pinned to the planning wall - still a lot of work to be done.) This is the second and third blocks. I didn't realize the two blocks went together, or I'd have done the tree in one piece. Also, my house is tipsy - I didn't realize it until I took the picture. Drat! When quilt designer McKenna Ryan came out with this quilt in 2004, my sisters and I really hoped to get the pattern. I finally did, and it has sat in my sewing room since then. About time, right? (Now, I have to solve the problem of how to straighten the house.)

4 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my!
Hard to believe: 1) that you are already this far, 2)that there are so many tiny pieces to cut and place, 3)that in spite of 1 & 2, your work looks so very good. When you set your mind to doing something, it really gets your full attention. What fun.

Elizabeth said...

I am taking "help" notes for those siblings who have not gone down this road yet. There are some little tricks that surface after trial and error.

Ann said...

What a fun project. I love the end result. You do amazing work.

Dwight said...

your header photo is outstanding