Friday, April 16, 2010

The Earth Shook

No picture to go with this one - about 6p.m. last night, I was sitting at the computer, and Ron was out in the shop making "stuff". First, I heard the rumbling, a little like a train coming, and then the windows and things hanging in them began to vibrate, then came the shake, rattle, and roll. Fortunately, our little quake, centered in Randolph, Utah (on the Utah-Wyoming border, south and a little east of us), was only a 4,9. When I went out to the shop to see if Ron noticed, he was so busy with what he was doing, that he was totally unaware. Maybe that's because he's been in a big one in Olympia. I was glad when the evening and 10:00 news included lots of information about it, so that I knew I wasn't just dreaming it up. Should I use that museum putty that I bought 5 years ago to stick some things to the shelf? Who knows? The world is full of unrest, and keeps stirring things around.

No comments: