Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Storybook Farms Quilt in Progress

This was a wonderful day. I finished the top for my Storybook Farms quilt, designed by McKenna Ryan (from Kalispell, Montana), whose publishing company is called Pine Needles. She is a wonderful artist, and I wanted to make this quilt from the very first time it came on the market more than a few years ago. I am about half way done, with the top together. The next steps will be to (1) make a quilt sandwich of the back, the batting, and the top. I will pin those layers together, and then begin free motion stitching around every tiny piece in the quilt. When I have finished with that, then I will put the embellishing quilting on it, and bind it. Should keep me busy for a while. Be sure to enlarge the pictures to get the full impact. Note that the clothes and quilt on the clothesline are still just pinned. I will either find tiny clothespins or will sew them on to the clothesline.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Wow! Elizabeth - this is amazing! I love all the colors - and each scene is so perfect. I look forward to seeing it in person.

Ann said...

Oh Sister dear. This is stunning. It looks just like the photo of the finished product on the pattern. Good work/play/fun. I'm glad you are keeping notes so you can help me - if I ever get to it.

Judy said...

I LOVE this quilt. Each time I look at it, I say that a different part is my favorite. Today, my favorite is the hen and chicks at the bottom. Tomorrow it will probably be the clothesline.

Judy said...

Nope, today my favorite are the sheep in the meadow.