Thursday, December 29, 2011

Grnadmother's Garden - More Blocks

I've been slowly working on this quilt project. The blocks are not perfectly pressed or cut to size, but I finished the work on the 18th block this morning. This is the second zinnia - I like it much better than the first one, but both will go on the top. Again, this is the second rose - I also like this one better than the first one. Guess a little experience makes a difference. This is a pink trillium. I loved the trillium in Washington, especially in the woods around Mother and Daddy's home on 93rd. And these are shooting stars.
Four more to post tomorrow. I need to cut these blocks down to size - a real challenge, because almost every flower is done in a dimensional way. I'm working on that one, as well as how to quilt. Some can be done on the machine, but some will have to be done by hand, so that I won't mess up the dimensional part of the quilt. This was so much fun to do - no deadlines, just pleasing myself. I'm glad that Eleanor Burns resurrected this '20's flower quilt pattern(s).

1 comment:

Judy said...

Someday these blocks are all going to be in a quilt. What a garden/quilt that will be. Which kid gets it?