Friday, March 9, 2012

A Quilt for a New Baby

The lady bug baby quilt. This is the center - cute bug. The little quilt is all flannel - I practiced my quilting on this one, and ended up with a little too much quilting, so the quilt will make a good pad, and maybe a cover, too. I hope so. Doing free motion quilting without a pattern is fun, but I'm not good enough to really place things well. Some of the stitches look okay, but there is an occasional glitch - or two - or three.
If you really want to see the glitches, or admire my quilting ;-), click to enlarge. This quilt is for Mandy and John's baby, who is to be born this month. I'm not too worried about them seeing it, because they are so busy that they don't visit this spot too often. Fun to make, though, and successful or not, neat to have made with love for the new baby.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I love the lady bug, love your quilting. It is a huge challenge to even attempt to do that. Great job! And done with lots of love, which makes it even better.

Judy said...

This quilt started a new expression: "Cute as a bug".