Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Wedding Quilt - Waves of Love

 Detail of the quilt, showing the half-square triangles up close.  I used six different purples in making this quilt.  (Wendy asked for purple and pink - there are a few pinks in there.)
 My design wall is not big enough to show the whole quilt, but this gives you an idea of what it looks like.  Can't wait to get it quilted to subdue the motion of the triangles.  Be sure to enlarge these pictures.
It's a Halellujia day for me - I've worked on this quilt all summer, with health issues slowing me down tremendously.  The "Square in a Square" book named this quilt "Waves of Love", but I think it needs another name.  Can anyone come up with one?  If I were mathematically inclined, I would have counted the half-square triangles in the quilt, but, take my word for it, there were too many!  My next quilt will be simpler by half!  Nevertheless, this quilt was a labor of love, and should get to the newlyweds by Christmas.  (Winter in Laramie deserves very warm quilts.)

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! What a stunning quilt. You have done a beautiful job creating an optical illusion with your colors. Hooray! Another amazing project done, even though you haven't felt the best lately.

Judy said...

Would you look at that! How did you ever keep the triangles going in the right direction at the right time? My vote is to keep the original name. Seth and Wendy will love it....so beautiful.

Judy said...

P.S. You found a very cute background design! Also lovely begonia (?) for your header.