Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ingenious Apple Cider Press.

 This receptacle is above the garbage disposal, which grinds up the apples.  (It is a chicken feeder pan.)
 The new garbage disposal is very strong, and the ground-up apples go into a bucket.
 This separate frame holds the reinforced bucket (with holes).  A jack is used as the press, and reinforced hardwood circles keep the jack from buckling.

Don't ask me the rest of the process.  Ron understood it very well.  Brig and Linda have raised many apple trees on their property, and wanted to make cider.  However, the cost of an apple cider press is very expensive, so they found these items on sale, built the frames for them, and last year, froze many bottles of cider.  I guess this is an example of the saying, "Where there is a will, there is a way."

1 comment:

Ann said...

What a fun and creative project. If I have to play pioneer, I know who I want in my wagon train.