Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Antiques Repurposed as Pincushions for Christmas

One of the fun things about the internet is that ideas keep flowing.  Pinterest had some wonderful ideas for making pincushions out of lovely teacups and saucers and other items.  I just happened to have the old yellow sugar bowl, which was just sitting on a shelf, and thought it was time to share it, so this is the result.
Ann now owns the sugar bowl.

I also had a couple of other little antique dishes that I turned into pincushions:  Couldn't decide what this dish is called, but it made a pretty pincushion for Judy with a handle to carry it around.


And last, but certainly not least, this little creation was sent to Louise.

I had so much fun making these presents for my sewing sisters!  

3 comments:

Ann said...

Love my sugar bowl pincushion. I recognized the sugar bowl as it was unwrapped. What warm memories it brought back. Thank you for sharing the true treasure.

Judy said...

And I love mine! Look at all the things I've been missing by not visiting your blog.

Judy said...

And I love mine! Look at all the things I've been missing by not visiting your blog.