Thursday, April 16, 2009

Miniature iris - harbinger of Spring

I'm pretending that I can see these this morning - they are covered over with our beautiful snowfall from yesterday that is beginning to melt. Nothing else is blooming in our yard - yet, but there is hope. We lived through income tax day, and there are occasional blue skies today, although the weather man says there is a 60% chance we'll get snow again today. The grass is getting greener - we need to remember these cool days when the heat of summer is upon us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Iris - there's a Blue Flag Iris in Alaska - it's just as beautiful. :) Hang in there.

John, Mandy and more said...

Funny! I thought you were taking pictures of your yard and I was jealous because I don't have any fun spring flowers... Then I saw that you WISH you could see them :-)