Monday, April 27, 2009

What a weekend! - But Spring is Trying - in more ways than one.

I never did think this frog looked very welcome - but if he looks disgruntled, it's because we had very chilly weather this weekend, as well as a mini-hail storm yesterday afternoon. Woke up to 24 degrees F this morning and frost everywhere. Thank goodness not many of the tulips or daffodils are in bloom yet - saved them from total destruction.
However, as you can see, there is a cheery note here and there in the flower beds. Who can resist a daffodil? Not me! Their bright note is to compensate for the panic I had on Friday last week, when I went on my blog (s) and discovered that only a few of the pictures showed up, with lots of little red x's in little boxes where the pictures should have been. It took hours of research, talking with my brother, the Curmudgeonly Professor, who is far more experienced at finding answers to knotty internet problems than I am, and then finding the answer on line. One of my internet security programs had decided to ratchet up the security settings, and wouldn't allow internet social networking, nor would it allow media-pictures. That really blocked a lot of my innocent offerings. So, after about four hours of tearing my hair out, I managed to fix the settings, still filtering out the objectionable material that can come my way, and, voila! The pictures are all back in place. Phew! Who would think that this would take so much time? Is it worth it?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Don't you just love computers?