Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Depictions of the Nativity

This lovely cornhusk Nativity Scene with Mary Joseph and baby Jesus came from Ohio. This is part of my Nativity set made by the Petersen family (no relation). One wise man and only a part of a shepherd are missing from this picture. I fell in love with the beautiful olive wood carved nativity scenes in Bethlehem, but gulped at the price, so I ended up with this tiny silver-plated one found in a shop in Jerusalem. This set was lovingly painted by its owner - children found it appealing.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I had forgotten about this nativity. I loved it when you painted it. A keeper.

Elizabeth said...

OH, I gave the wrong impression - this is not the one that I painted - just another one at the creche display - but I could have. ;-)