Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Freckle-faced Coleus Plant to Brighten the Day

My husband, Ron, passed away two years ago, four days short of his 84th birthday.  Yesterday, on his birthday, I was so surprised to receive a phone call from an old friend from our Olympia. Washington days, who now lives in St. George, calling to tell me that as long as he is alive, he will call me on Ron's birthday.  Then a visit from a neighbor, just to chat and check up on me.  And the last visitor was my wonderful, kind (young) neighbor, who brought this plant.  She remembered how Ron was always going to the local grocery store, and purchasing plants and flowers to give to friends for one reason or another.  These remembrances made a lovely day - and the sun did shine, also.  Even one kindness from those around us, or voices from our past makes the day brighter.

No comments: