Monday, January 28, 2019

More Details from my Laura Heine's Tomato PIncushion quilt design


These are the final views of the pincushion quilt that I will take until the quilt is finished.  The best part about constructing the top of this quilt is that the the only pattern was the pattern for the big pincushion.  The collage elements are left to the imagination of the quilt designer, and this was the fun part.  Choosing fabrics for the backgrounds, and then deciding element placement was the most exciting part.  I was so lucky to find the fabric with the cute little girl - and I'm sorry, but I don't remember who produced this fabric.  Years ago I designed a watercolor quilt, and enjoyed that designing process so much.  There were fabrics in that quilt that disappeared when everything was put together - I even have a block in that quilt that says BEEF, but you don't see it when you look at the overall quilt.  This quilt is the same way.  There are so many elements in this actual quilt, from scriptures to German writing, to gnomes, to birds, to flowers, etc.  They all go together to make a whole impression that is very pleasing to look at.  Now, if I can quilt it without destroying it, I will be very happy.  Time to go to work!

No comments: