Sunday, January 20, 2019

Winter and Stuff

The winter has been so cold and bitter.  However, differences between Preston and northwestern Wyoming (Penrose), is that the wind doesn't blow so often or so hard.  Since this picture was taken last week, the sidewalk has been shoveled, and the temperature has been above freezing, maybe 4 times?  So the snow is settling, and each storm has only given us 3-5 inches.  Nothing to worry about.  And, yes, the frosty ground and its heaving has put the sundial out of kilter, so it looks a little tipsy.  Thoughts for today, unrelated to the snow, and from various activities of the day.
#1.  I remember when Penney's had rows of panty hose for sale.  Now, I buy them from the grocery store.  (Is panty hose singular or plural?)  And, there doesn't seem to be any front or back???  And when one leg is in, the second one seems to be twisted....  I about have my compression hose put on easier than panty hose.  Go figure.
#2.  Why are there so few handicapped parking places - and why do people park in the diagonally striped line places, so that others can't unload wheelchair bound persons.  I never used to be aware of this until I became one.
#3.  Bandaids have become so expensive!  Dishwasher soapy water makes for small breaks in the skin on my fingers.  Neosporin and an overnight band-aid cover helps heal.  But there are so many varieties of band aids, and each little box is expensive.  I may still find one that will stay one for a while?  And, no, I don't put lotion on underneath them - just a dab of Neosporin on the spot.  And, yes, I have tried the stuff that seals the cut.  Oh, we'll....

No comments: