Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Quilt Show

Our annual quilt show for our quilt guild, The Preston Piecers, is over - we had 73 quilts this year! My Jackson Hole quilt placed first in its division, leaving the watercolor quilt, now named "There's a Gecko in My Garden" without an award (you can only place once in each division). The watercolor quilt ended up with a little hole in the middle of a 2" block, so I had to cover it with something! (The purple gecko.) The detail of the broderie perse (flower) shows the fun I had sprinkling crystals around the quilt. And, Louise, the Dresden Plate quilt, which is not a good photo because I couldn't get a straight-on picture, was such a triumph to finish, after beginning it at your house in the summer of 1993. Making quilts is so satisfying, that I can't imagine why anyone would not want to do it! That means all of my siblings!