Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A quilt for Mia Lilly

The quilt has been sent, so I can post this one on the blog. Every new baby needs a quilt - and since Mandy likes kitties, I thought that Kitty Cucumber would be a good subject for a little quilt for Mia Lilly. This quilt became a tool for learning to use my new Pfaff Grand Quilter, which is a commercial machine. I really didn't get the knack of the whole thing until it came to the border, but ththe next one I quilt will be better. I hope that Mia will use this quilt up - more complicated quilts can come later, but babies just need to use up those first quilts.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Your quilt is another success. I love it. Perfect baby quilt. Is is flannel? Now for your quilting, very nice. You have my attention and now I want to know more about your machine.

Elizabeth said...

Cotton on the front - flannel on the back. We'll talk about The Machine - later.

John, Mandy and more said...

Oh and it is SO pretty! Thanks so much. Mia is sleeping under it right now. You've had another fantastic success. Thank you...

Ann said...

The quilting looks great! Your time spent in mastering your quilting machine has been well spent. And what a perfect baby quilt. Fun stuff!