Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ideas

Hello family! I thought I would take a turn on Grandma's blog. My post has a two-fold purpose. The first is to tell you all that it is really hard to go 9 days without my cute kids!
Most of you haven't even met Mia yet! That has to be really hard. Don't worry, though, I have a solution. I have schemed to hold a Family Reunion. That's right. I've decided that I'm going to at least attempt to get us ALL together. So Dad has agreed to do most of the planning, and since my husband's families have a reunions every year, I'll be borrowing liberally from the better experiences there. That's not to say that they'll work with our family, just that I want to try. I would like to shoot for next year. I know that's a little ambitious, but I think a year's warning is pretty good for just a weekend together. 3 days is what I'd like to do: dinner as we all get together, one FULL day together, and then breakfast (and possibly lunch) together before we all scatter. I'll need help with much of it, since I am going to propose that we hold it in Washington and I live in Arizona. I'm thinking June 22-24, 2012. Anyone interested? To get you interested, I've got some great pictures of my children, Mia and Dallin, below with their grandpa (Ken) in the Sandia Mountains of New Mexico. My husband recently went up to their cabin the mountains to help Dad lay a flagstone patio. Now who wouldn't want to get to know these gorgeous babies? :-)
P.S. Check out more pictures of the family at Phillip's blog. He is getting to be a great photographer. http://phillipfloresphotography.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Mandy, how about me copying this posting and putting it on Penrose Mornings where it will get even more family exposure? Thank you for going ahead on this. Sounds exciting! Love, Grandma