Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Big Carrot Harvest

I laughed when I pulled this huge carrot. Perhaps it grew for Harvey? Last year in my square foot garden boxes, which were only one box high, my carrots formed 45 degree angles, as the root hit the bottom and then grew sideways. This year, Ron increased the height of my box, and I had the greatest carrot harvest yet. But this big root was amazing. I laid the foot-long ruler by it so that you can see the size of this thing. One carrot alone would make carrot pudding. Victory!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Those are some beautiful carrots! Huge - long, they look yummy. Good job with your garden!

Judy said...

Get that carrot pudding on! You fed this one something special...

By the way your
picture is so beautiful.

Judy said...

should read "header" picture