Monday, October 18, 2010

My Storybook Farm, completed

The completed quilt - be sure to click on each of these pictures so that you can see the details. The quilting on this quilt was fun, but tedious. I learned a lot about quilting on my home sewing machine. (When in doubt, buy another book on the subject.) I began this quilt on April 10th, and finished it in the first week of October of this year. I worked on other things in between, but finishing this quilt has been a main focus. I am showing these pictures with the permission of the designer, McKenna Ryan. Three-dimensional clothes, including a little quilt, are on the clothesline. Holstein cows were a part of our childhood on the farm. We didn't have a scarecrow - I think this one is classy.

3 comments:

Julia said...

You finished it! You showed me the pattern when I was there in February. It is amazing! So beautiful - so precise - so elegant. An elegant farm quilt! I love the hen and her chicks at the bottom. Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

Nostalgia captured to perfection. Aren't you glad that you have a habit of finishing what you start? Now you have this wonderful quilt...

Ann said...

I hope you feel a great deal of satisfaction in completing this monster project. It is a charming quilt. The pig looks great. Your solution to help fill it in really worked. And the geese look like they have feathers. Beautiful!!!!!