Saturday, May 5, 2012

Quilting This 'n That

 Remember the friendship quilt blocks, where 15 of us make a block with the same pattern, take it to guild, and draw names for it (I won the shamrocks - still don't know what to do with them.)  This month was a fun one - sailboats.  Time for summer.
 And this quilt is a take off from a known pattern.  We built three-part flowers, cut them in 1/4s, and then exchanged.  I chose to sew my four flowers together, and then centered another flower in the middle.  Makes a fun, (although unfinished) table topper.  Picture dark blue binding, and you'll get the complete picture.  I didn't realize until Ilooked at this picture that the leaves look like wings.  They are a violation of the law of design that says that odds are better than evens.  Oh, well, another time when I feel a little more fussy.  This project was fun - didn't worry about precision work.

3 comments:

Ann said...

so, what do you do in your "spare" time. What fun.

Judy said...

I keep seeing new and fun quilting projects, but what about all of the earlier posts of quilts in progress? Are they all done and stashed in the "quilt closet"?

Elizabeth said...

No - There are many UFOs in my stash, but this will be a year of finishing some. Can't do them all at once, darn it.