Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ramblings on a Sunday Morning in Preston

This is a "wish" picture - taken last year.  So far, these tulips on the south side of the house show lots of green, but nothing is blooming as yet.  We get very anxious for spring in this mountain valley.  Pictures of the flowers in Salt Lake that were shown during the last General Conference lets us know that, as usual, we are a few weeks behind, although just 100 miles to the north.

The whole family, with its assorted blogs have been doing zilch.  Did we all get tired at once?  Sunday mornings are quiet times at our house.  Ron leaves for meetings before 10, I have choir practice at 12, and then Church meetings beginning at 1-4.  Nothing unusual for those of our faith - Sunday is a busy (restful?) day, but the activities are different from the week days we have.  The longer I live, the more the weeks fly by - there are still so many things I want to do before I leave this world.  Right now, Judy, Ann, and I are getting ready to work on a joint project that we've discovered via the internet.  Who will finish first?  I'm betting on Ann, since I'm still working faithfully on the Blooming Nine-Patch for Sara, but I know that my project will be done by summer.  This morning, half of the quilt top is up on the design wall, so I just have another half to put together!  Then I will post it for all to see.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Love your Sunday visit. Come Monday, we'll get the phone cranked up again after its day of rest....

Judy said...

P.S. I forgot to mention your beautiful posies you have had in your header lately.....