Thursday, November 17, 2011

Another Applique Block for my Quilt - Tulips

The background is really white - I took these this gray afternoon with the light from the room. I've only got a few blocks to go before I am finished! Hooray. It was nice to think about a quilt for a change. We decided to gift each other for Christmas by purchasing a Nook reader each. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to set up the blasted things. Frustration reigns supreme at this moment. I got a message from Barnes & Noble to shut the thing off for 30 minutes and try again. We'll see. All of this came from sitting by someone at Church who had a reader, and looking at the apparent ease of moving around in it, and the difference between carrying bunches of heavy books to Church and one small tablet. Now, I've just got to get the whole things figured out. Laura? We may be calling you again. (This is an addendum - now you can see how lazy I am. I didn't like the color in the first photo I pasted into the blog, so I adjusted it in the top picture. Now, you can see the contrast between the picture more like the original block, and the one with the darker color created by poor lighting.)

No comments: