Sunday, July 28, 2013

Help for Vertigo Sufferers - or Judy, the Therapist

I have flirted with vertigo for the last 15 years.  Sometimes an incident strikes hard, and then I quickly recover, but sometimes, the unsettling nuisance is here to stay.  My doctor prescribed meclazine, but that leaves me so sleepy and drained, and doesn't always do the job - besides, now you get it over the counter as an ingredient in a motion-sickness pill.  One huge advantage to our sibling network is that someone else at some time has had the same malady, and has some advice to offer.  The sheet above (be sure to enlarge it) gave me information about a great exercise that is a challenge to do if you're in the middle of an attack.  It does seem to calm down all of those little white crystals that float around in the inner ear and cause such discombobulation.  I know that there are certain techniques that qualified doctors can do, particularly the Eply maneuver, but so far, this exercise seems to get me out of the most severe problem.  Back to the exercises!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thank you for putting this on your blog. Now I will remember where it is. It really did work well for Paul and have wished several times I could remember where I had put it. Hope you are ok.