Friday, July 3, 2009

Mystery Quilt - June, 2009

My niece, Cheryl, came to Preston and lead our guild members in making a mystery quilt on a Wednesday in June. Mine is finished! This is not a complete picture - I need a bigger room to hang it on the wall, but this gives you an idea of what the quilt is like. And, I didn't have room to keep from having some keystoning in the pictures, so that the quilt looks a little distorted, especially the third picture. Oh, well, at least you get the idea.
I fell in love with the Hoffman batik, which is maidenhair fern on an almost-cerulean background. I didn't realize that the quilt would be so dark. Another time, I would have used the batik for the medium value, and used a much lighter value with it. As it is, it is rather dramatic - more than I'm used to having in my quilts.
The quilt was not only a mystery - it was quite a challenge to sew. Not all the points meet properly, but I figure that no one will ever notice.

4 comments:

Ann said...

What fun! And you are done already?

Judy said...

How do you do it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.