Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Wide Open Spaces

On the Fourth of July, we went to a steak cookout at a ranch about 8 miles south and east of Soda Springs. The day was alternately hot and cloudy, depending on whether the sun would go behind a cloud or not. Idaho is very beautiful this year, because we had so much rain that everything that is usually turning brown by this time of the year is still green. There are still wild flowers blooming in places. The sky was very dramatic - but there were only a few drops of rain.

3 comments:

Ann said...

With such beautiful places close by, I probably wouldn't be tempted to even consider Ralston - except for loyalty's sake.

jennywren said...

What beautiful pictures! I wish I could have been there with you all on the 4th. The turning of the leaves this year will be one to remember.

Judy said...

Love your pictures. My favorite is the open road. Makes me want to go down it and see what is there!