Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Progress Report on the Square Foot Gardens

Ron is very kindly mulching with the grass clippings that our neighbors give us and the little that is left over from mulching our lawn. I hope that you can see that the crops are doing well. Some things are farther along - in fact, the radishes have about done their bit, but something else will take their place. Click on the picture, and identify the plants! I would report that the other two boxes are doing equally as well, with the peas looking good! June was so cold, we weren't sure that anything would grow, but faith springs eternal.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Do you recommend this method? It looks like you could eat all of the beets in one meal! And where are the rows of corn......

Elizabeth said...

The rows of corn are non-existant. We live so close to Creamery Hollow that all the wild beasties love to munch on the corn. And, since I'm not planting beets for more than a few meals, I'm perfectly happy. We'll replant as we harvest. And, there are three boxes, remember? I love it - I was so tired of long rows of food that we couldn't give away.

Ann said...

Hooray! This is fun to see. Good job!