Monday, July 20, 2009

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose...

Be sure to click on these pictures to enlarge them so that you can enjoy the techniques used in creating each picture.
I used different techniques on this rose picture to change the appearance of the picture. Can you pick out the mosaic smudges, the pencil on canvas, or the watercolor wash? Or can you pick out the two that are the same? Can you tell that summer is upon us in full force, and it gets too hot to go outside and use the patio for lunch when the temperature is in the low 90s? But the garden is growing faster. Peas, which should have been ready by mid-July are just setting scads of pods, and the beans aren't blooming yet. Since we had the wettest June on record, and it was super cold, everything has to rush to catch up.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Beautiful Rose! I like the mosiac smudge(?) or the middle one.

jennywren said...

It took me a minute to realize they were "toyed" with, untill I saw the one Julie likes. I always look way before I read. They are all beautiful, and it looks fun to do.