Saturday, February 2, 2013

Winter Visitor


Dorothy came to our house for a couple of days on her way to North Carolina from Seattle - We sorted boxes of letters and were amazed at how much history there is in the old snail mail.  The sad thing is that e-mail, texts, tweets, and whatever do not have the same staying power, so much will be lost in these years.  I would suspect that most of us do enjoy receiving a real, hand-written card or letter in the mail - one of the rarities of our time.  We so appreciated the wonderful cards of condolence and for Ron's birthday that we received in the last week.  Personal correspondence is not all lost!  Shall we start a campaign to bring it back?

2 comments:

Ann said...

I think I like your "proposal". Now, where are the cards I bought from Dwight?
Dorothy has such a beautiful smile.

Judy said...

I want to bring Dorothy back. We very much enjoyed having Sara and her stay with us.