Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lonely Little Petunia in an Onion Patch

Remember that silly song? ("All I do is sit and cry all day" was the second line to the first line above as the title of this posting.) I feel that this blooming hen (succulent) which has been overrun by the ground cover on the south side of the house really had to assert its individuality. Was it Emerson who said something about marching to a different drummer? Anyway, it's certainly a conversation piece. Or, perhaps there are lessons to be learned? 1. Keep one's individuality, no matter what peer pressure tells you to do. 2. Rise above the fray. 3. Don't get swallowed up in the mundane. Or . . . .

1 comment:

jennywren said...

I have the same problem, only in reverse. The hens are takeing over all the ground cover I can manage to grow. This summer really is topsey turvy Elizabeth! But I love your garden and it's fun to see how it's coming along every so many days. Thanks!