Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sedum Autumn Joy

Be sure to click on these to enlarge - the first picture is a bit fuzzy, but the second shows the beauty of each tiny, individual flower.
One of the nicest plants in the autumn garden - Sedum Autumn Joy. The names of plants are so descriptive. We had a tree in our garden in Tumwater that was a real glory. We originally purchased it for the dental office small garden, because the "qualified" person at the greenhouse assured us that it would be a small tree. As it became larger, we moved it to our home on Tumwater Hill, where it was happy and really stretched its' boundaries. The name? Ceracidum Japonicum - or commonly known as Katsura. Now, so much time has passed since I've seen the name written that I've probably misspelled it, but the lilt of the sound of the name when spoken is very appealing. Leaves turned a lovely yellow in the fall.

1 comment:

jennywren said...

There is my baby. I'm not sure if she is done blooming, but I'm going to put her on my screen saver now. Let me know if more pictures come in. It was fun watching it grow and change. I will be sure and get some of these for next year (they look pretty hardy, it's what I need.) I feel inspired to go out and clean my garden tools now, if I can find them.